Make Links Open In A New Window

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1st

In case you aren't my Instagram friend, it has been a busy week over at our casa. Ashton broke his femur in multiple places and had to have a plate and 12 screws put in. It's been exhausting and semi-tragic, but we feel very fortunate that this is the hardest thing we have had to deal with this year. (knock on wood) 

Also, our silly little Instagram account (@kidsaretheworst) was featured on buzzfeed and it has been fun seeing it get some traction. 

Today is July 1. (insert trumpet announcement here) You may remember from past Julys that this is the month Alan and I read the entire Book of Mormon. Eight chapters a day. Every July. The whole enchilada.

I am eager to start it, even though I know it is an exhausting endeavor. Every year when we really focus and dig into reading the scriptures, I notice that I am a more patient mother and loving wife. And, if that is all I get out of it, I am excited to reap the blessings. I sincerely feel a difference in my anxiety and patience--it is palpable. 

I am telling you this, because it has been a wonderful thing for me for the past five Julys of my life. I have felt the difference and think you might like to feel some blessings from heaven, too.

So, would you join me? If you don't want to read the Book of Mormon, read your Bible, or your Qur'an, or your Torah, or your (fill in the blank with heavenly scripture here). It takes an hour a day, on average. Perhaps you could listen to it, if a recording is available for you. Or read it with your spouse or child. Just try it. I promise it will only be a positive experience. A little sacrifice can often lead to small blessings that are just what you need to push a little longer. 

I need some patience right about... NOW! And you?

Let me know if you're joining me. Strength in numbers, yo.

a

1 wise comments:

Susan Anderson said...

What a cool July idea. I'm in!

=)