Make Links Open In A New Window

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Why I became a stripper

My last semester in college, I had one of those classes that was necessary for graduation and I had waited until the last minute to take it. Most of the other students were freshmen and sophomores, so I was totally more mature and educated, obviously. I phoned that semester IN. I went to the classes, I wrote my papers, I did the work. But my heart wasn't in it.


I should also admit that I was brand new married, too. So, that was fun. Kept me busy (wink wink, nudge nudge).

My final paper was due and I had no idea what to title it. Truthfully, I don't even remember the topic, but I do remember the title I slapped on at the last second: A Titty Bar in Yonkers

Yep. My professor was not amused.

My brand new husband had told me a story about how he recieved a call at his phone directory job and a man with a thick accent asked for the number to "a titty bar in Yonkers." We laughed about this quite a bit and decided it was the best idea for a university paper that had nothing to do with titty bars nor Yonkers. 

All I know is that I passed the class and graduated.

Which is probably how all of these viral posts feel that start off with really deceptive titles like "why I stopped dating my wife" or "I decided to not be a mom anymore." You click through from Facebook to read how this mother escaped motherhood and what the husband did to his wife, and OF COURSE they reveal the opposite. How was I so bamboozled?

And why I became a stripper is because I love restoring furniture. Duh. 

a

1 wise comments:

Honeybee said...

Hahaha, you were a stripper & I was a hooker {candy cane hooker that is ;) } in good old Alpine, Utah. I love telling people that. HeeHe