Make Links Open In A New Window

Friday, February 7, 2014

music to my ears (2-7-14)

Do you know what next week is?

The most hated holiday of the year that we all pretend to love. VALENTINE's DAY, of course.

If you get over yourself and your own expectations, it is kind of a sweet celebration. Problem is, I never get flowers and the chocolate is usually Hershey's. 

But the kids decorate huge boxes, make Valentine's for everyone in their class, talk about their crushes, eat sugar cookies during class, and give you lots of kisses. That's a pretty great day.

Here are the Valentine's we made this year. 


I love them, even though the production value was low. We had way too much fun coming up with the tag lines to go with chocolate gold coins. Alan's "You have GAINED my INTEREST" is pure Al genius. Maggie's "You're all I want at the end of my rainbow" is classic Maggie cheese. I wanted one of them to say "You've got a SWEET ASSet" but then we agreed that it wasn't totally appropriate considering the audience. Still.

The music I want to share today are some of my favorite love songs, if you are in love, working on love, out of love, wanting love, loving love, hating love. Just good ol' love songs.

Love Me - The Little Willies
All My Love - Led Zeppelin
So In Love - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
You Go to My Head - Billie Holiday
Love is the Answer - Weezer
Hot Love - T. Rex
Lovesong - The Cure
La Decadance - Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin
Meteor Shower - Rhett Miller
I'd Love Just Once to See You - The Beach Boys  
Do You Love Me - Guster
Incredible Love - Ingrid Michaelson
Modern Love - David Bowie
Somebody to Love - Queen

Check them out, if you don't already own them. Love it. Love you. Love love. Bring me a blank CD and I will burn the list for you. MWAH!

Bon week-end, mes amis.
a

4 wise comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

You, you sweet girl. You know I love your musical taste.

katyasmommy said...

I'll take Valentine's Day and you can have Halloween.

Amanda said...

I love your CD's!!

Amanda said...

I love your CD's