Make Links Open In A New Window

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

doppelganger

My sister and I were talking about doppelgangers yesterday. Her husband looks like Vince Gill, the lead singer of Rascal Flatts, and a lost Baldwin brother. He is the ultimate celebrity look-a-like.


She then told me that her husband thinks that I look like Bethenny Frankel.


Other than the facts that I am not a New Yorker, have very little Jewish blood, and don't drink skinny girl cocktails, I'd say that we have everything in common. (where are those = = wit equalizers?)

Alan has told me on numerous occasions that he thinks I look like Mariah Carey. Oh, and by the way, he really doesn't like Mariah Carey. This celebrity comparison baffles me. Plus, my lighting will never be as good as hers. I have been known to use the elliptical machine in my stilettos, though. Maybe that was it.


In high school, one of my nicknames was Ozzir, because it was Rizzo backwards. Don't try to understand the psyches of a group of teenage girls. I was there and I still can't explain it. I looked more like the 30-year-old Stockard Channing from Grease when I was 17.


And then the obvious one. I mean, this one just screams out "Ahhnna's long lost twin" at you: Rebecca Gayheart. I've actually heard this one twice and can I just say that it's just cruel. I mean, c'mon people, let's get real. If I looked like that, I wouldn't be writing this blog. You know what I'm sayin'?


So, thanks but no thanks. The doppelganger game makes me feel awkward. Unless you are comparing me to the one you were thinking I look like all along.



Oh, you think so? Yeah, I get that a lot.


a



12 wise comments:

Crissa Pollmann Robertson said...

Not that my opinion matters but I think you look like Melissa Joan Hart.

Laraine Eddington said...

Perhaps the Frankel chick has a resemblance, but all your doppelgangers are but pale shadows of the lovely package that is Anna.

amy said...

Made me laugh. Love the Rizzo comparison

Sommer said...

Rizzo is my favorite!
p.s. Vince Gill doesn't sing for Rascal Flatts (seen them in concert a half of dozen times) Gary LeVox is his name.

Anna M said...

@ Crissa: that is a new one. You look like the blogger who writes the Alison show. :)

@ Laraine: ah, shucks/

@ amy: sad, isn't it?

@ sommer: It was a list, not a descriptor of Vince Gill. Maybe I should had found out his name and written that my BIL looks like Vince Gill, Gary LeVox, and all of the Baldwin brothers.

Sommer said...

Just reread your post before you commented & thought the same thing!SORRY!

seven smiles said...

hilarious side by sides.

I think this may be your doppelganger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYVsrRQjAI

(Agnes Obel's back up singer. When I saw this clip for the first time—it totally reminded me of you. Although, I wish I knew who she was so I could look her up and see a better glimpse of her...)

Alan Macfarlane said...

You've only scratched the surface of who Cameron looks like. What about Bob Huggins? Donal Logue?

Angela Henrie said...

Don henley. Don't forget him.
And sunday, in primary, one of the kids thought he was president monson!
Anna, you have to admit there is quite a resemblence to bethany.
Melissa joan hart! ( is this a friend of yours? I don't think so!)

Alan Macfarlane said...

Angela, I knew I was forgetting one. Yes, Don Henley for sure! There's another sports-related one that is escaping me....

Sue said...

Yep. It's Marilyn all the way...

;)

Emily said...

LOL, great post