Make Links Open In A New Window

Monday, March 5, 2012

walking muerte


Do you watch the Walking Dead on amc? It is good tv, my friends. It's plain good entertainment.

Alan loves zombies and noir in general. When the Walking Dead first premiered, Alan was ready. And he coaxed me into watching it with him. Alan can get me to watch just about anything with him, but the second I turn on one of the shows I like, he goes upstairs "for a few minutes." He's coming around on some of "my shows", but none that he will admit to.

The wife that I am, though, is long suffering and lazy enough not to get up. So I watch his zombie shows and scary movies. Until I fall asleep.

The Walking Dead is fantastic. I rarely fall asleep. It is gory, truthfully, and not for children (or the faint of heart). But somehow the gore is tolerable and even humorous. It is zombies, after all. If you want to see one of the grossest/funniest/seriously gross and gory zombies, check out the zombie in the well (HERE).

The stories are great, the acting is great, the cinematography is great, the pacing is great, the zombies are great, the show is... wait for it... great. I highly recommend it for anyone that can stomach it.

I do have one question, though. How is it that all of the women have become thinner (which makes sense to the storyline), but T-dog hasn't lost a pound (the guy in the middle with the purplish shirt)? I mostly empathize with him, but surely with all the activity necessary and lack of manufactured food (or most food), why does T-dog look the same as he did in the beginning? Something's fishy.


Do you watch it?

a

6 wise comments:

Alan Macfarlane said...

Best show since Galactica.

Laraine Eddington said...

Mmmm. I'm thinking it over

Laraine Eddington said...

Mmmm. I'm thinking it over

Sue said...

Haven't seen this one...

=)

Amanda said...

Have you seen Dowbton Abbey on PBS!! Great series

Anna M said...

Amanda: yes. I miss it already. How are you watching it?