Make Links Open In A New Window

Monday, May 16, 2011

spah-ring cah-leanin'

What is it about springtime that makes me want to clean up and get rid? And spray paint?


We live in an old house. Which means Al and I share a small closet. Like the closest at IKEA in the 500 sq ft home showroom where the closet holds maybe five outfits. 


This is what it was looking like sometime last week:

My Momma tried!


One overflowing garbage bag to the thrift store and one ginormous box of winter clothes later...


The tragedy is that I probably only wear 1/10th of all that remains. Baby steps, people.


Now I've got to finish the dresser I am painting so I can tackle the overflowing pajamas, socks, etc. Spring cleaning is liberating... and exhausting.


Do you Spring Clean? Are you one of those hardcore cleaners that moves all of the furniture (even the toilets) to get the big clean on? Or are you the type of cleaner who gets it looking nice, but leaves the deep cleans for moving time? (Guess which one I am. HA!)

a

7 wise comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

Now I feel like a failure because I never move my toilet.

Sue said...

I can't even imagine moving the toilet! But I l do like to spruce things up a big in the spring.

Congrats on a job well done with your closet. I need to go there myself...

=)

Anna M said...

@ Laraine: I know someone in your ward that moves the toilets to get 'em real clean. I cower.

Helen Macfarlane said...

I move ON the toilet. On good days.

Sorry. It's late.

Spencer said...

My house is always "clean" but not very often CLEAN. You know what I mean. I am not a major deep cleaner, but I wish I was!! Good for you for cleaning out your closet. You sound like me, throwing away stuff, but also keeping things you hardly wear. For some reason clothing is hard to part with. You always think "well I could wear this with that." (but you never do) :)

Spencer said...

That was Chels not Spence :)

Garden of Egan said...

I'm impressed! That's quite an accomplishment.