Make Links Open In A New Window

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

a load of craft

About the Beehive Bazaar.

It was fun. It made me get out of my comfort zone a lot and push my creative little heart. It took lots of hours and lots of money. After cost of supplies, entrance fee, and the 20% taken by those in charge, I will come out of it $50 richer.


That's like 75 cents an hour! And I'm worth it!


I also came home with a craft-load of my remaining items. Happy Birthday, Family and Friends. I hope you like hardware jewelry, colorful animals and army guys, and dip-dyed kitchen towels.


But... it was a good experience for me. Check it off my To Do List for this life. 


How about I share the wealth of leftover craft with you? Say YES! 


12:45 a.m. I have no pride. But, I had to show you that these earrings are really quite cool. Believe me. Utah is just behind the fashion. They didn't know a good deal like these bad boys when they saw them at the craft bazaar. They will be sad. oh yes.

I will send a pair of hardware earrings or a dip-dyed sailor knot bracelet to one commenter. None of this fancy "follow me" or "tell all of your friends" or even "five days until this giveaway closes". If you love me, you "follow" anyway. Right?

Whether you are friend, family, or blog friend, leave me a comment saying which one you would prefer and I will pick a winner tomorrow.


Even if you've already won something from me before.


(AKA Help me get rid of this craft!)


Maybe someday I will show you how to make it yourself and YOU can make millions selling it at craft fairs. Just give me 1%. Deal?

a

15 wise comments:

Sue said...

I think the earrings are really fun!

=)

Liz said...

Earrings for me, too.

melanie said...

I would love a yellow bracelet to match my new yellow toms! Who nows what those Utah Vally Girls are into at the moment? I love how you are alway true to yourself.

Allison said...

Oh my WORD! The Talent! The skill! I would be happy just to see them in person, to be in the presence of the creator.

My heart is leaning towards the bracelet,however, just because I have never seen such functional art! You never cease to amaze me, Anna.

Kimberly Paige said...

I would love a pair of those earrings! Oh and I would love to learn how to make it...but I would give you more than 1% profit :)

Mom of 3, wife of 1 said...

Oh Utah girls! I'm sure the Idaho girls would have snapped everything up in a heartbeat!! I'm still in awe of you for doing this AND with 4 young kids. Inspirational mother of the year---once again. I think I would choose the bracelet since I could wear that every single day, and I sure would! thanks Anna!!

amy said...

I'll take the bracelet super star sister. I'm proud of you for doing it. Over. Done. You did it! And now you'll never wonder.

Michelle said...

The earrings are adorable!

Helen Macfarlane said...

I was planning on coming to the Bazaar but had a crazy weekend with Emma's birthday and never made it. Ashley would totally dig either one of those items!

Amanda said...

I dont knowlove them both you choose what you think!!!! So proud of you B!

Minda and Scott Waltman said...

I love the rope bracelets! I wish I could have come down to that Bazzar Utahans are crazy crafty, but I got to spend a the weekend with the endless Portland rain.

Alysa said...

Ooh, I would choose a bracelet. And the other stuff looks super fun, too!

Amanda said...

I love that green sailor knot bracelet! Super cute!

Chelsea said...

Glad it was a success! I want a knot bracelet!

Marci Hernandez said...

Love them both, but if I had to pick I would say bracelet. Great job!