I've tried to avoid posting the Followers tab on my blog. I didn't want to become obsessed with it and have it become some sort of physical manifestation of my alleged popularity. It's like when I ran for Student Body President against Mark Mabry. I never had a chance, and yet... ! I seem to run towards failure and then am shocked when I find it.
What can I say? It's a gift.
In an order to be transparent, I want to tell you why I am now asking for you to be a follower of my blog. It's not pure vanity. Really. I've had the chance to correspond with a couple of agents and publishers of books. Almost all of them stress the importance of a new, unknown author having a visible "presence" online. It makes their job easier, and then makes my chances of getting published greater.
So, I am going to bribe you for it. With a huge dash of PRETTY PLEASE! And a little bit of "you're my favorite."
Win this for YOU and/or your loved one!
- $25 gift card to Outback Steakhouse
- Gold Vermeil and Tiny Diamond Initial Necklace from Sundance Catalog (click here for more info) (any letter--see info)
- Godiva Chocolate Bar
- Mrs. Field's tin heart with chocolate
- Love Songs mix CD to put you in the MOOD (made by YOURS TRULY)
- one of my awesome hanger hearts
WHAT? SERIOUSLY, Ahh-nna?
All you have to do to enter is:
* Be a follower of ahhnna.blogspot.com. See the right hand side to become a follower.
* Leave a comment telling me that you are a follower and why you LOVE or DISLIKE Valentine's Day!
* For an extra entry, link to my giveaway on your blog and tell me that you did so in an additional comment.
Comments must be made by Thursday, February 3 at midnight MDT. I will pick a winner at random and announce it on Friday. (I am in no way paid or sponsored by any of the above gifts, except maybe the hanger heart and rad mix cd.) (And, to be sure, the irony is not lost on me that Mark Mabry is already very successfully published.)
Bon chance and MERCI BIEN, mes amis!