Make Links Open In A New Window

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So my mother

needs a pick-me-up.  It's been a rough couple of days for her and she is resting at home.  This morning she will wake up earlier than she would have liked and after watching last night's Bachelor she will probably come check out the blog to support the endless rantings of her favorite daughter (other than Ange, Amy, and Amanda, of course) (who am I kidding? I'm everyone's favorite) (except for Nick. He likes me a lot, but Amanda is totally his favorite) (and maybe Spencer still likes Ange the most) (I wouldn't be surprised if Amanda likes Amy and Ange the most, too) (but I'm still pretty confident that I'm my Mom's favorite--well, top 6, for sure).


About my Mom. Pamela:





I don't know if she reads the comments after every post I make. I know she looks at the numbers of comments and will call me to congratulate me on a large # day. Like that's important to me! ;)

I have been trying to explain to her that there is a significant percentage of viewers who don't comment. They apparently do NOT want a rad MIX CD (I'm baffled) and perhaps think that none of my posts are clever enough to merit a comment. Which is fine, I guess. Sure, I wish I knew sometimes who you all are so we could become even closer friends, but some people like their anonymity.


But, this post is about my Mom. And she doesn't believe you all exist. Sure, she nods when I tell her how many people Google Analytics tells me visit every day/week/month, but I can see that behind the nod is incredulousness. She's not buying it.


I think it would make her so happy to see you all delurk here.  Just a quick shout out that says "HEY! I DO EXIST!" or "Pamela, feel better soon and trust your daughter!" You know, make her proud AND show her that I am not crazy (which I think would make her pretty proud as well).


Do it for Pamela. And if you are anonymous, keep it clean!


It's gonna make her day!


THREE (BODY) THINGS:
1. driving a bunch of crazy girls around the neighborhood
2. making a big, greasy dinner
3. making my bed

a

37 wise comments:

CJ said...

Hi Pamela.

laraine@eddfam.com said...

Pamela, I blog, therefore I am.

Mom of 3, wife of 1 said...

Oh, I miss your sweet mom! Love that cute picture of her. Pamela, I have always existed and still do. My mom also reads your blog, so this comment can count as two since I highly doubt my mom will comment.

Smile big Pamela, you are a tremendous person!

jen said...

I'm not anonymous, so do I have to keep it clean?
And btw, thanks for the thought-provoking comment on my Covey quote. I love it when someone will stand up for what they think instead of saying what they think others want to hear.

If SHE can figure it out.......... said...

Hi Pamela's mom. Hope you're feeling better...Oh and Pamela, you made the bed? Can you come show my husband how that works? He just doesn't get it.

Anne said...

Hi Anna's mom! Feel better!

amy said...

I will comment to add to the "# of comments". I AM HERE! and always will be.

Helen Macfarlane said...

I thought about NOT commenting today.

Hi Pamela. I love your daughter. You are a lucky mommy. Feel better soon.

Angela Henrie said...

Feel better, Pamela. Someone needs to have a little conversation with your husband to make sure he is taking good care of you and giving you the TLC you deserve!

Alan Macfarlane said...

Do I count as one of the faceless horde of Anna disciples?

Feel better, Pam. :)

seven smiles said...

Pam,
your daughter is hilarious. :D

feel better soon.

ellen said...

Hello, Pamela. I'm Amy's real friend in Boston and Anna's blog friend (which totally counts in my book). I hope you are on the mend.

Tournesol said...

I read but don't comment much, I like your blog and found it recently. Hello Pam !

Minda and Scott Waltman said...

Hi Pamela!

Stephanie Cozzens said...

Hi, Pamela,

I read Anna every day, but rarely comment. I love her sassiness (did she get that from you?)

Now I'm going back to lurking.

Anna M said...

15! Thanks everyone! Those who have commented often, those who do rarely and Hello, Tournesol! Thanks!

Terese Hamilton said...

I do exist! Feel better Pamela. I miss you Anna!

Chelsea said...

I read your blog Anna.

Liz said...

Hi, Pam's sister here, de-lurking. I am a BIG fan of Anna's blog. I love it and it makes me smile.
Now I have to call my sister and find out how sick she is!
xoxoxo, Liz

ChristineMarie said...

Hello, Pamela. Your daughter is awesome. And I need to visit her in Salt Lake. Or she could visit me in Provo I suppose? Either way.

Emily said...

Pamikins. I'm actually your favorite daughter, you just don't know it yet.

Michelle said...

Feel better Pam...I read your blog Anna!

Steph said...

Love you Anna! We need to get our families together soon!

Kodi said...

I LOVE your blog Anna. . . . so fun to read. :)

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm another one who rarely comments--but I do read!

Julia said...

This is one of my favorite daily read blogs--although I rarely comment on any blogs because I use google reader. As much as I like it, I have become a lurker, except when i have a chance to win something. :)

Hope you feel better soon, Pamela! Oh, and Anna was my YW leader in AZ. She is awesome!

Amy Y said...

Hello Pam. Been around since we were Hale Heroes... This is one of my favorite daily reads. Hope you feel better soon!

Mike MC said...

This seems more like a pick-me-up for you.

Karlene said...

Love your blog Anna. Hope your mom feels better :)

Stef said...

Come on, Mommy Pamela. Surely your favorite daughter hasn't lost her mind. We love her blog!!! Now, feel better:)

Shannon said...

I'm here. You commented on my blog today (Em's birthday). Sorry this is a little off topic so first I'll say hi to yuor Mum. "HI"
And now . . .What you're going through, the MS diagnosis; I'm watching my sister (the one who turned 19 today) go through something similar with her recurring thyroid cancer that we've been told is "High risk. Something to be very worried about". Your writing reminded me of her today at the oncologist in tears "just wanting it to be OVER", just wanting something to move past, but each step is another step toward another question. There's nothing more frustrating for people that need answers. Anyway, thinking of you. xo, Shannon

katyasmommy said...

Hello to Anna's mom!

Anna M said...

Thanks everyone. I know Pammy is embarrassed but happy to feel the love. I know I am.

Shannon: thanks for sharing that. I know disease diagnosis happens all over the place and affects many people. Sometimes it feels very lonely and I am grateful for the reminder that there are countless others going through similar emotions.

Mike MC: touche

Amanda said...

I could not get on yesterday But I read your blog everyday rarely make a comment because I got chastised one time. You know me. But I love your blog you make me smile and miss you more. Mom-you are the best I wish I lived closer to help you out. Love you both

karen★ said...

dear Pamela,

your daughter is by far my most favorite blogger ever. she makes me laugh almost every day, & that's more important to me than anything else. also, i would like you to know that some people, like myself, have a million children (not unlike Anna) & therefore can only peruse their favorite blogs a few times a week. but don't you worry. i leave anna comments because i love her.

love,

karen

p.s. i also love love love her rad music mixes...i have one that we listen to all. the. time. to prove it.

p.p.s. FEEL BETTER SOON!

Marci Hernandez said...

I love Anna's blog and read everything she posts, just not everyday. Sorry this is late!

Kari said...

Pamela,
I'm a blog stalker of Anna's but don't get to comment much. I love my google reader cuz I can read several of your daughter's posts all at once.

P.S. Anna, what did you do for 1/11/11???