Make Links Open In A New Window

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Zingers


ZZZIIINNNGGGGGG!


My kids are exceptionally goofy.  Maggie is plain old ca-razy.  Johnny is our resident naughty joker.  Ash is actually pretty clever and can get us ALL to laugh with little effort.  Rhett is... 5 months old.  I'm hoping he turns out calm and sweet.  I'm not counting on it.


Our new favorite thing to say after we joke, tease, sarcastically reply is to add an emphatic, vocalized: ZING!


Maggie does it the best and Alan cannot contain his laughter when she does.  So, naturally, she does it again and again, each time getting sillier and Alan laughing harder.

                  ***


Setting: in the car, driving home from who-knows-where, but obviously nowhere near home


Johnny: Are we home yet?


Maggie: Yep.  We're pulling into our driveway right now.


silence


Maggie: ZzzING!


Alan laughs


Maggie:  ZING-A-LING!


Alan laughs harder


Maggie: ZZZZZZINNNNNGGGG-G-G-G-G!!
                  *** 

What are we creating?




Three things:
1. freshly-mowed grass
2. positive school assessments
3. taking naps with my 3-year-old

a

6 wise comments:

Jen said...

Hi! Goofy is good...most of the time!
There's an award for you on my blog today!

jen said...

Naps with a three-year-old top my list as well.
No zing.

Laraine Eddington said...

Your kids were born with the comedy in their blood, your family atmosphere is just honing their talents.

Helen Macfarlane said...

Andrew does that kind of thing EVERY DAY to poor Emma. And sometimes to Ashley. She asked him if they went on a hike for mutual and he said "No. We had chicken fights and bet on who's would win." She looked at me and said "I can't tell if he's serious." "Ashley, Cock fighting is illegal. He's teasing you." The problem is, with Andrew, you get no ZING. He just keeps on keepin' on. I can't stand it. I have to tell the girls he's teasing.

amy said...

A girl after my own heart. Zingwopadilliagiwoopwopp!!

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

happy kids...you are doing a great job!