Make Links Open In A New Window

Thursday, January 7, 2010

hugging the porcelain

I caught it.

I was so proud of myself for NOT getting the stomach flu while Alan and the three older kids all experienced the stomach cramping, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. Maybe you should all wash your hands more often, like Mom. Yeah, well, there goes that theory.

I even half-jokingly mentioned to my own mother yesterday that -- if it weren't for my care-taking of a little newborn -- I wouldn't complain if I caught this bug. It's like a really quick cleanse without all of the lemons and maple syrup. Why do I test the fates?

Last night I sat on my big brown chair holding Rhett and I felt the lurch. Oh no, please no.

Maybe I had pushed it a little too much that evening. Maybe I was really tired and the CHILI that I made for dinner was upsetting me a bit. (Yes, I made stinkin' chili and then got the stomach flu... how's that for being born under a bad sign?!)

Please don't let Rhett get this, PLEASE!

Alan took Rhett last night while I experienced all of the aforementioned symptoms and then slept in the quarantined basement with Mags. It was kind of sleep and kind of constant clutching and discomfort. And now I don't know how long I should stay away from Rhett to avoid infection. One website suggests that I've been exposed for a couple of days and am contagious for up to two weeks. awesome

So, wash your hands and keep your fingers out of your nose, for heaven's sake.


GRATEFUL
1. flushing toilets
2. Alan, Alan, Alan
3. readily-available power drinks with electrolytes



a

3 wise comments:

Angela Henrie said...

SO sorry you got sick. That's the worst!

Pam said...

Should I expect it about the time I am going to Phoenix? I think that I will just stay away from chili or mexican food for the next couple of days!!!!

amy said...

I've got it too Anna. Feeling for you!