Make Links Open In A New Window

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

clever lady #2


I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

--Mother Teresa

For over a month, I felt like I was propelled--face first--into the reality of humanity. I am mortal, I could lose anything and everything in a minute. I didn't realize that my previous frame of mind was on obtaining--more children, more money, better home, nicer cars, cooler furniture, better body... more, more, more.

And then suddenly I wasn't sure if my face/arms/body would ever be the same again. I couldn't do the mundane things in life as I used to; I couldn't even sing in church because it made my vertigo kick in like mad. Did I appreciate how easy singing was for me before? Probably not.

Now my face is practically normal (I still have exhaustion on one side) and my arms are also normal. As far as I am concerned, I feel like myself. Which is all a heavenly blessing, in my estimation.

I feel the need to write down all of my introspection regarding life, service, mortality, perspective before I find myself too far removed. It is easy to fall back into the life of consumption, obtaining, and selfishness. Last month I couldn't tuck my kids into bed without crying and hugging them one minute longer. I already feel myself rushing through the rituals again.

I got a swift kick in the behind from a loving God who has given me incredible amounts of good fortune that I can no longer squander. "Hey, Anna," I hear, "get moving. Do something more. Be the daughter I know you can be. Do you realize what I have given to you? Do you know how lucky you are? Do something. Serve. Love. Grow!"


Three Things:
1. church activities
2. income
3. roses


a

4 wise comments:

Angela Henrie said...

Well put, sista. You moved me.
Miss you!
A

Alan Macfarlane said...

One of my all-time favorite posts of yours. Love ya, B!

Sharp family said...

BEAUTIFULLY put!

Heidi said...

We all need to take a lesson from you! I love your post!