Make Links Open In A New Window

Friday, September 25, 2009

sh-sha-shake it


I'm not above bragging.

I firmly believe in it, actually.

And my morning shakes are so fantastic, I can't keep them to myself any longer. You could call them smoothies, but that sounds so not as delicious to the younger constituency than SHAKES. FOR BREAKFAST!

Voila, I share.

Place in blender:

  • frozen BANANA
  • about 1 tsp. of all natural PEANUT BUTTER (meaning, made only from peanuts)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup frozen BERRIES (I like the Costco 3 berry bag)
  • scoop of CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWDER (or Ovaltine, if you're in a pinch)
  • scoop of ground FLAX SEED (optional)
  • MILK (or SOYMILK) just until covering above ingredients
Add milk or water as needed in small doses until desired consistency. Pour into cups, add a straw, and drink away.

You won't like it...

you'll love it!



a

5 wise comments:

Angela Henrie said...

Mmmmmm...fruity!

Anna M said...

OK, so YOU won't like it Ang, but those who aren't adverse to the glorious taste of fruit will love it.

Chelsea said...

What are you doing up at 4:30 in the morning?????

Guilty conscience?

Chelsea said...

That wasn't Chelsea....that was Mom.

Annie said...

I Likey! Hope it's alright if I steal this and put it on my food blog. I'll be sure to credit you. Thanks. My kids LOVE it.